Unfortunately, in recent years the COBF has failed to generate new/younger members who wish to take over the reins and generate the work to push the organization forward. In 2019 the board consists of myself and two others. To host a full schedule of tournaments is not possible with this amount of people.
In consulting with the board members from last year the following decisions have been made for 2019:
1) For 2019 memberships all fee's will be waived for new and renewal memberships. We are encouraging all interested to become a member for 2019. When you renew in 2020, if done in the renewal window you will only be charged the normal membership fees.
2) The COBF is exploring doing an outreach event in May we participate in annually in at Barr Lake. We will need help with the half-day event in Brighton. Please stay tuned for further information on this.
3) The COBF is looking to coordinate a woman's outing in April or May. More information to follow on this as well.
4) The COBF is looking to host one 100% payout tournament in 2019. This will be a big 5 format and we will also have a big fish side pot. Northern Pike will not be allowed in the Big 5 but we will allow for those fish to be weighed in the heaviest fish side pot. We have tentatively scheduled for June 29th at 11 Mile Reservoir pending the acceptance of the lake and insurance requirements. Registration for the tournament is as follows:
- $75 per team with no more than 3 persons shooting. Carp only to be weighed. This will be a 50/30/20 payout.
- $25 biggest fish pot. Any legally shot fish will be allowed for the count.
Please stay tuned for more formalized information on this!
We will be having a COBF spring meeting to finalize most of the plans above and I invite all COBF members to attend. We are going to be doing this on April the 19th. Depending on the number of members wishing to attend will finalize the location the week prior. We will be looking to have the meeting in the area near Bass Pro Shops in Denver in the Northfield shopping center. I ask that you go to the website to complete your membership information and send a message to the board of your intention to attend.
It is my intent to help the COBF through this year of building and reforming a strong board. We have had many successful years in the past and I hope to see this continue for the future as well. I am happy to answer any and all questions that you may have and I look forward to meeting you soon.